What are the traits of an effective leader in today’s organization? What do they need to truly drive performance in the workplace? And what can organizations do to attract, retain and develop those leaders?
These are some of the big topics we tackled in our #MiChat interview and twitter chat with leadership expert Mark C. Crowley. If you missed it, watch the recorded video of this great conversation.
The results of our 2016 McQuaig Global Talent Recruitment Survey showed that HR professionals around the globe don’t have a great deal of confidence in their leaders. It also showed that most organizations are failing when it comes to taking the steps necessary to attract and develop the kind of leaders that will move company’s forward.
We discussed these issues and more in a video interview on #MiChat, our monthly video podcast and Twitter chat, part of our Talent Management Talks series. My guest was Mark C. Crowley, author of Lead from the Heart: Transformational Leadership for The 21st Century.
Mark spent over 25 years in the world of financial services and held national-level leadership roles. He was named “Leader of the Year” at one of America’s largest financial institutions.
In this lively conversation, Mark shares stories from his time as a leader in corporate America and his work now with companies that have enlisted him to help them develop more effective leaders and individuals he has worked with to improve their own effectiveness.
- Why are so few leaders effective?
- Is there a new model of leadership needed?
- Why aren’t people getting what they need from leaders?
- Why are we promoting people who don’t have what it takes to succeed as a leader?
- Why are so many companies not investing in leadership development?
- How can you have growth as an organization if you aren’t investing in the people leading it?
- What’s the most important trait you need to be an effective leader?
Enjoy the conversation and be sure to leave your thoughts below and add to the conversation on Twitter using #MiChat.