MCQUAIG MENTAL AGILITY TEST
What is it?
The McQuaig Mental Agility Test (MMAT) is a 15 minute, timed cognitive assessment that measures an individual’s general intelligence, speed of thought, or what we call “mental agility”. It contains 50 multiple-choice formatted questions of verbal comprehension, mathematical ability and reasoning. Measures of general intelligence are among the very strongest predictors of performance across performance metrics, jobs, job levels, occupations, organizations, countries and demographic groups.
Key Aspects of The MMAT
- Meets the guidelines of human rights’ regulatory bodies such as the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- MMAT scores show considerable similarity across gender, race, age groupings and geographies.
- Test-retest reliability is well above professional benchmark standards.
- Results are compared to well established norms from thousands of MMAT participants across dozens of countries.
- Available online or pencil paper based.
- The power of job performance prediction increases dramatically when combined with The McQuaig Job and Word Survey.
Studies conducted over several decades of research consistently show that general intelligence is one of the strongest predictors of job performance. The MMAT reliably, and positively predicts performance across jobs, job levels, occupational groups, ethnicities and cross-nationally.