For the third year in a row we're going out and surveying HR professionals from across the globe about the state to talent recruitment. If you work in HR or recruiting, I really hope you'll add your voice to the list of hundreds talking about what it takes to attract quality talent today.
Before you do, though, let's have a look at a little bit of what we've learned from the past two surveys.
Here's list of some of the findings from the 2014 and 2015 McQuaig Global Talent Recruitment Surveys. If you haven't already downloaded these reports, you can the 2015 report here and the 2014 report here.
To Tweet any of these results just click the link:
- 74% of the hiring decision is based on interviews, but only 41% feel their hiring managers are skilled interviewers
- 65% of HR pros say it’s hard to find employees who are a cultural fit
- 94% of companies finding it easier to recruit are using employee referrals as a channel
- 55% of companies are investing in training existing staff to battle the talent shortage
- Social media management is the top planned investment for retail recruiters
- Large company HR pros have less faith in hiring managers’ interview skills than smaller companies
- Just 66% of HR pros say their hiring managers have the skills needed to assess candidates
- Personality/Character is the number 1 reason new hires fail
There’s a lot more great information in the two reports and we expect this year to be even better, with a new section on leadership and its impact on attracting talent. And that brings us back to this year’s survey. We need your help! Please take a moment and complete the survey. It will take you less than 10 minutes and you’ll receive a copy of the report in your inbox as a thank you.
I hope you’ll take a moment to add your voice to the hundreds of other HR professionals from around the globe.