According to a study by the Aberdeen Group, best in class organizations using talent assessments are experiencing:
- 75% year-over-year improvements to hiring manager satisfaction;
- 75% year-over-year decreases in hiring costs; and
- 2.5 times year-over-year increases in profit per full time employee
Those numbers clearly show the benefits of utilizing a talent assessment tool to assist in the recruiting process, but it's important to note that not all assessment tools are created equally.
Before you pick an assessment tool for your organization, ask prospective partners these six questions:
- Is the tool scientifically based?
- Does the system provide a role, or job benchmarking tool?
- Is the assessment tool fair (and legal)?
- Are the reports easy to understand?
- What level of customer service do they provide?
- Do the results live up to hype?
There are some warning signs and specific outcomes you should be watching for in your conversations. We explore these in detail in our new eBook 6 Questions to Ask Before You Choose a Talent Assessment Tool. We also share other tips and suggestions for your due diligence that, if followed, will help to ensure that tool you choose is the right one for your organization. The eBook is free to download and well worth the read if you're considering a talent assessment tool.