In the fifth installment of our six-part video series from HRPA 2015 on Talent Management Talks, I talk with Roman Krznaric, about the search for meaningful work and the value that empathy can bring to an organization.
Did you know most people go about finding fulfilling work the wrong way? Roman shares with me a better way to find what’s right for you, without packing it in and quitting. And on the subject of empathy, he speaks to why it’s good for business and an easy and cheap way to test for it when recruiting.
Roman is the author of a number of books, including How to Find Fulfilling Work and Empathy: Why it Matters, and How to Get It.
In the video Roman discusses:
- Why organizations need to provide fulfilling work
- The best way to go about finding fulfilling work
- How organizations benefit from empathetic employees
- How to hire employees with empathy
This is the fifth in a six-part series on our new Talent Management Talks channel. We’ll be releasing a new video every week. Subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss an episode. Our series features:
- Scott Stratten, UnSelling the Employee (watch now)
- Michael Bungay Stanier & Mark Bowden, Super Charge Your Impact at the Front of Any Room (watch now)
- Liane Davey, Creating High Performance Teams (watch now)
- Dr. Nick Bontis, Information Bombardment: Rising Above the Digital Onslaught (watch now)
- Ian Cameron, Aim High: Five Steps to Hiring & Keeping A-Level Talent (Coming Soon)
Be sure to tell us what you think in the comments section here, or on our YouTube channel, and share the videos with friends and colleagues.
And don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss what our upcoming experts have to say.